Study Questions: Bible Survey
- Into what groups had the Christians at Corinth divided? (chap. 1)
- In what sort of words should we speak to express spiritual truths? (chap. 2)
- Is the temple referred to in 3:16-17 the same as the temple in 6:19? Why?
- What sin was the Corinthian church tolerating that even the pagans did not approve of? (chap. 5)
- When Christians disagree with one another, who are they to take their case before to ask for help in resolving it? (6)
- What does the Christian who commits fornication do to Christ? (chap. 6)
- What two options does a Christian who is divorced or separated from his or her spouse have? (chap. 7)
- If a Christian thinks an activity is not wrong, but a "weaker" Christian thinks it is wrong, should the "stronger" Christian go ahead and do the activity? Why or why not? (8)
- What did Paul do to convert people to Christ? (chap. 9)
- When we eat the bread and drink the cup in the Lord's Supper, what are we having with the body and blood of Christ? (10)
- What should a Christian do about eating meat offered to an idol in each of these situations? (chap. 10)
- In an idol's temple?
- At home when the meat was bought in the meat market?
- At a friend's house when nothing is said?
- At a friend's house when he says this meat has been sacrificed to an idol?
- List five arguments that Paul makes to show that men should uncover their heads and women cover theirs when they pray?
- (11: 3-5)
- (11: 7-9)
- (11: 10)
- (11: 13-15)
- (11: 16)
- What were the Corinthians doing that made Paul say that the church meal they shared was not the Lord's Supper? (chap.11)
- Why does God discipline Christians? (chap. 11)
- What spiritual gifts does Paul list here? Which are miraculous and which are not miraculous? (chap. 12)
- How does a person get into the body of Christ? (chap. 12)
- What are the attributes of love (or rather, of the person who has love)? (chap. 13)
- When will the partial (the imperfect, the things in part) come to an end? (chap. 13)
- Which is the greatest among faith, hope, and love and why? (chap. 13)
- Who understands people when they speak in a tongue like at Corinth? (chap. 14)
- What kinds of activities went on when early Christians gathered? (chap. 14)
- What reasons does Paul give for women keeping silent in church? (chap. 14)
- What are the four most important facts of the gospel? (chap. 15)
- How does Paul contrast the resurrection body with the physical body? (chap. 15)
- When should Christians take up a collection to God? (chap.16)
- What met in the house of Aquila and Prisca? (chap. 16)
- What does the prayer "Maranatha" mean? (chap. 16)
http://www.bterry.com/biblesurvey/1cor_sq.htm hosted at http://bible.ovu.edu/terry/biblesurvey/1cor_sq.htm
Last updated on October 27, 2003
Page maintained by
Copyright © 2003 Bruce Terry