Introduction to Missions
Guidelines for World Evangelism
Chapters 1 and 2
- What are some possible reasons that the Baptist missionaries
Carpenter and Crawford felt that the "subsidy system"
hindered church growth?
- What about the message from the West is so confused that it
would hinder acceptance in China?
- What would be the advantages of each of Nevius' principles?
- wide itineration
- strict church discipline
- native benevolence
- What is a "social gospel"? Do you see any tendencies to
preach such a gospel today?
- Which of the principles of the Laymen's Report are good and
which are bad?
- What are the elements of a "valid decision" for or against
- How might the future coming of Christ serve as a motive for
- How might the second greatest commandment serve as a motive
- How would a desire to praise God serve as a motive for
Last Updated September 11, 2002
Page maintained by .
Copyright © 2002 Ralph Bruce Terry. All rights reserved.